Samsung starts production of Galaxy Flip 4 and Fold 4 components


Samsung has begun mass production of the various components of the foldable Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4. However, don't expect both foldables in stores until the end of this year.

It takes a lot to bring a new mobile to the market. It starts with an idea, which has to be worked out, a prototype is created, and production lines are set up. It usually takes a year before a phone is ready to ship. Now the Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 are one step closer to being released.

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip in factory
The Galaxy Z Flip on the production line

According to Sammobile, Samsung has begun mass production of the various parts that make up both phones. Sammobile does not say what parts exactly, but it would involve several parts. So it seems that the design is final.

10 million sales

Making parts is one thing, putting the phones together is another one. The source thinks Samsung will start doing that in June. That will give Samsung enough time to build up sufficient stock. Samsung's goal is to sell no less than 10 million foldables by 2022. It is expected that 70% of these will be a Flip 4, with the remaining 30% for the Fold 4.

Receive an e-mail when Galaxy Z Flip 4 hits stores

Receive an e-mail when Galaxy Z Fold 4 hits stores


Mentioned products


Join the discussion